COVID-19 Housing Resources
City of South El Monte
UPDATE to Eviction Moratorium:
- Eviction Moratorium: Adoption of Ordinance NO.1249-U - Commercial Eviction Protections and Residential Rent Deferrals Due to COVID-19. View Ordinance 1249-U (PDF)
- The California Mortgage Relief Program provides assistance to the many homeowners that have fallen behind on their housing payments. The application portal is now open. Apply today at CaMortgageRelief.org.
- LA County Mortgage Relief Program - will include a relief fund which provides grants of up to $20,000 for qualified property owners, plus expanded foreclosure prevention counseling services.
- Housing Is Key: Provides resources resources for renters, landlords and homeowners. Visit housing.ca.gov/
- CA COVID-19 Rent Relief -Housing Is Key rents now covered at 100%. California has increased rental assistance payments to 100% of unpaid rent, making landlords whole and keeping tenants housed. Payments are for unpaid and future rent payments for California income-eligible renters and their landlords affected by COVID-19. If you need help paying past due or upcoming rent or utilities, you may be eligible for assistance. HousingIsKey.com is now available in six languages: English, Spanish, Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese and Tagalog, and supported by Google in more than 100 additional languages. Apply today at HousingIsKey.com or call 833-430-2122.
- Housing Rights Center: Housing Counselors are available to answer your questions about tenant-landlord rights and obligations, including topics like security deposits, evictions, repairs, rent increases, harassment, and more. Conversations with Housing Counselors are private and confidential, and can help you find the resources you need.
- Hotline: 1-800-477-5977
- TTY: 1-213-201-0867
- Stay Housed LA County: A Tenant Assistance Program that provides FREE Legal Services to Tenants Facing Eviction During the COVID-19 Public Health Crisis. For immediate assistance call 1-888-694-0040.