Veteran Resources

Veteran Resources Webpage Banner

California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet)

Learn about the state and federal benefits that veterans are entitled to receive and how to claim them.

Military Veterans Affairs (MVA) -County of Los Angeles

Serving veterans, their families and caregivers. 

The MVA’s Accredited Veteran Service Officers can help with: Compensation and Pension Claims, Burial Benefits and Services, Medical and Mental Health Referral, Education/CALVET College Fee Waivers, Vocational Rehabilitation, Home Loans and Grants Applications, Employment & Job Placement Assistance, Veterans License Plate Applications, Legal Service Referrals, Appeals Process, Incarcerated Veterans; and Aid and Attendance. 

MVA Veteran Offices are located throughout LA County including South El Monte, 1180 Durfee Avenue.

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Get answers to your questions about VA benefits and services (healthcare, education, disability, & records). 

  • VA Benefits Hotline: 800-827-1000
  • Website:

How to Request Military Services Records including DD214  

For information on how to request to get DD214 or other military services records, this includes requesting records of someone else or veteran who passed away, visit

Veterans Connect - LA County Public Library

The L.A. County Library in partnership with the California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet) has created a "Veterans Connect" portal that helps veterans and their families learn about state and federal benefits available to them such as: disability, employment, health and housing. 

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10218 

The Veterans of Foreign Wars offers a wide range of assistance programs aimed at helping veterans of every generation. 

  • Address: Veterans of Foreign Wars 10218, 11126 Ramona Boulevard, El Monte, CA 91731
  • Phone: 626-448-1737