- CalFresh Restaurant Meals Program: Low-cost prepared meals for individuals enrolled in CalFresh.
- LA Regional Food Bank: Monthly food kits for low-income seniors. Each kit contains mostly shelf-stable staples such as milk, grains, bean and canned fruits and vegetables.
- State Bar Foundation: Legal Services are available to assist older adults and adults with disabilities with a variety of legal problems concerning housing, consumer fraud, elder abuse, Social Security, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medicare, Medi-Cal, age discrimination, pensions, nursing homes, protective services, conservatorships, and other matters. For more information call 213-765-1000.
- Bet Tzedek: They are a nationally recognized leader in providing legal services to low-income seniors. They help improve the safety and quality of life for older or disabled adults and their families. To seek their assistance, call them at 323-939-0506.
- Legal Aid Foundation: A non-profit law firm that protects and advances the rights of the most underserved and provides direct legal representation and other legal assistance for low-income individuals. Areas of expertise include: Eviction Defense Center, Economic Stability, Housing & Communities, Supporting Families, Veterans Justice Center, Asian & Pacific Islander Community Outreach Project, Self-Help Legal Access Centers (Inglewood, Torrance, Santa Monica, Long Beach), Domestic Violence Clinics (Downtown Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Long Beach). If you need legal assistance and/or resources, you can reach them at 1-800-399-4529.
- Housing Rights Center: Their mission is to actively support and promote fair housing through education, advocacy, and litigation so that all persons have the opportunity to secure the housing they desire and can afford, without discrimination. For more information you can call them at 1-800-477-5977 x 1132.
Mental Health Resources
- Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health - Older Adults: They provide a range of programs and services designed for older adults experiencing mental health issues. Services include: Screening and Assessment, Case Management, Individual & Family Treatment, Crisis Intervention Services, Full Service Partnership, Field Capable Clinical Services, Prevention & Early Intervention, Service Area Provider List. If you or someone you know needs mental health services and/or counseling, call 213-351-7284.
- LA Warmline: Confidential overnight telephone support service for individuals who are seeking emotional support and counseling services. They are available Monday - Sunday, 10:00 pm - 6:00 am including Holidays. If you would like to talk to a Warmline Specialist during the hours of operation, call 855-952-276.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Provides 24/7, free and confidential emotional support for people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. For more information you can call them at 1-800--273-8255; Spanish: 1-888-628-9454; Deaf + Hard of Hearing: 1-800-799-4889; Veterans: 1-800-273-8255; Disaster Distress: 1-800-985-5990