How to Correct a Disabled / Handicap Citation

Did you receive a parking citation for not displaying your disabled person placard or for not displaying a current placard? The individuals who received the citation needs to show proof that he or she had a current placard with a disabled person placard registration at the time the citation was issued. 

Individuals who need a handicap citation corrected must do so within 21 days of the issuance date of the citation or within 14 days of the mailing of the Notice Delinquent Violation. Disabled parking citations may be corrected by mail or online.

Administrative Fee

A $25 Administrative Fee is issued to correct a disabled parking citation. Payment of Administrative Fee is only accepted by mail, online, or phone. Call 866-450-2528.

To Correct Your Parking Violation

By Mail

Send the following items to correct your citation by mail:

  • Citation or Notice of Delinquent Violation 
  • Copy of California Identification or Driver’s License
  • Copy of valid disabled person placard and registration 

Mail your items within the time requirements to:
City of South El Monte
c/o Parking Citation Service Center
P.O. Box 11923
Santa Ana, CA 92711\


Visit PayMyCite website to correct parking violation.